As part of the web production workflow, I currently have various environments. To validate a page between live and staging requires one manually change the URL path from www. to staging. .
I am looking to simplify this process, reduce human error and automate where possible. I found Domain Switcher chrome extension that does does what I need.
- Live Environment: www.website.com
- Staging Environment: staging.website.com
- Dev Environment: dev.website.com
- QA Environment: qa.website.com
- Local Environment: local.website.com
Extension Setup Install Domain Switcher extension on your chrome browser
Once installed, click on options.
Add your dev environments to the list.
Now go the website website.com and click on the Domain Switcher extension, you will see options for the different environments in the dropdown.